Thursday, January 26, 2012

60 Second Shot

I found it interesting as to how many different ideas the others had on the project 60-second shots in class. I really enjoyed the close up shots like the gaming shot and the candle shot. I preferred watching the fixed shots to any of the moving ones; I found that it intensified the video for me personally. However, the shot with the (mostly) sound creating objects was very aesthetically interesting. I found that the video kept my attention (I usually start on tangents in my mind when watching video), I was curious to see more of this video. I think a series would be interesting in this sort of style and idea.

The aspect of sound, I feel, is a very important aspect and I would like to apply it to my own videos more so than I do. I think sound is a beautiful and interesting way to enhance an idea in video. I also appreciate the different ways of holding a camera, specifically when laying the camera on its side; it plays with the perceptions of a persons mind. There were a few videos in class that did this like the gaming, candle, and my video (cookie maker). The lighting was very interesting in the pipe video. The way the light shined on the metallic of the pipe and the way the color shifted in the video because of the firelight.

Overall, I enjoyed all of the videos in some way or another and I learned a few tricks as well as gained a couple new ideas. Also, hearing the stories behind the videos, how they were thought of and how they applied to the persons life gave me some insight of how to use others aspects of my life in my work.

This is the full video Cookie Maker that I pulled my 60 second shot from, this video is 3:38 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. I found it fascinating too at the variety of work produced, also with how the camera at hand, had influenced the shots so much. Speaking of the Gaming one, I was thinking similar to you after class, that it would work well as a series. Use a few different obscuring styles to create some variety along with different subjects presented threw the audio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it interesting how many people are inspired with the idea to create a series. I also enjoyed the close up shots. It makes me wonder and imagine what is outside the frame and more about the surrounding environment. A lot of what i like to create is a sense of confusion and wonder. I enjoy not leading the mind to exactly what it.

    ReplyDelete