- The art or practice of making portraits.
- A portrait.
- Portraits considered as a group.
n., pl., au·ras, or au·rae (ôr'ē).
- An invisible breath, emanation, or radiation.
- A distinctive but intangible quality that seems to surround a person or thing; atmosphere: An aura of defeat pervaded the candidate's headquarters.
- Pathology. A sensation, as of a cold breeze or a bright light, that precedes the onset of certain disorders, such as an epileptic seizure or an attack of migraine.
Portraiture (2013)Meghan O'Bryan
A self portrait. In this video I was trying to create a way to show both my outward appearance and my inward personality. I am an introvert for the most part, I usually only open up to show my inward self around close friends and when I am alone. The actions that I am doing demonstrate my outward appearance; usually bored with what I am doing and where I am, and fidgety actions which is me looking to be elsewhere, particularly where my mind is. I pushed the chroma key to create holes in the video; this represents that the video is a reflection of myself and for the viewer to see into me in a sense. The background image in the video is a compilation of things that I am interested in and a bright and colorful mess within my mind. The music also enhances this in the sense that I am excited about many things, eager to go and explore and to move. The shattering glass is a representation of distractions and mistakes that I make in the outward self and the possibility of making them work and fit into my inward self's music. The music and sounds are accompanied by my own voice saying a few things about me. The voice is very quite and almost impossible at times to understand, this is how I feel that I am heard in society, my voice is to small to be heard and it is drowned out. This is an overview look at myself.